- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information Collected?
- How and When Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
- Your California Privacy Rights
1. What Information Do the Services Collect?
(a) Information You Provide to Us
On the Services, we or our service providers may ask you to provide certain types of information such as personally identifiable information, which is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, and email address (“Personal Information”); and (2) demographic information, such as information about your gender and age (“Demographic Information”). If you sign-up to receive marketing emails and similar communications. We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the Services, including through “contact us” forms.
Once Personal Information is “de-identified” (i.e., the removal or modification of the personally identifiable elements, or the extraction non-personally identifiable elements including through anonymization, pseudonymization and/or hashing), it is not considered Personal Information and may be used and shared by us or other third parties without obligation to you, except as prohibited by applicable law.
(b) Information We Collect and Store As You Access and Use the Services
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us via our Services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect and store certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Services. Usage Information may be non identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the URL that referred you to our Services;
- the areas within our Services that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the date and time of day of your visit, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to collect and store Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Services. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Services.
- Web Beacons.Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our Services’ pages and messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Services, to monitor how users navigate the Services, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
2. How Do We Use the Information Collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To proceed with your registration and to make the Site easier for you to use by not requiring you to enter your information more than once;
- To deliver services or products that you request, purchase, or download;
- To help you quickly find products, services, or information;
- To notify you of product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and new services;
- To respond to inquiries or to communicate with you, such as through welcome messages, newsletters, or direct marketing;
- To facilitate participation in our online communities;
- To perform market research or to conduct surveys unless you have requested that we not contact you for this purpose;
- To enhance our marketing and to improve our Site, services, and products; or
- To comply with legal requirements and to prevent activities that may violate our policies.
- By using the Site, you consent to our use of your information for these purposes.
3. How and When Do We Disclose Information to Third Parties?
We will not disclose your personal information outside of ChatLingual except in limited circumstances, such as:
We may share your personal information with other ChatLingual companies and our business partners when necessary in order to support the uses mentioned above.
We may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases or postal mail, answering customer questions about products or services, and processing event registration. We will provide those companies with only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (ii) to protect and defend the rights or property of ChatLingual, or (iii) to act in exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
This Section provides additional information regarding the personal information about California residents that we collect, how we use it, what sources it is derived from, and who we share it with, and provides information regarding to California residents’ rights, and our responsibilities, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other relevant California laws and regulations.
For the purposes of this Section 4 only, “personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer/resident or household. It includes information collected via any medium, including online and offline. Personal information does not include publicly available information, information that has been de-identified or aggregated, or other information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws.
We may collect, or has collected, the following categories of personal information about you over the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)).||A name, address, telephone number.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
(b) How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect about you for all of the business purposes outlined in Section 2 above.
(c) Sources of Personal Information
We may collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
From you, including via our Services and websites.
Our affiliated businesses and brands.
Our service providers, including our communications and analytics service providers.
Business partners to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and to offer you opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Other third-party data sources, such as companies that may collect information about you that is provided to us for provisions of the Services or for marketing purposes.
We may supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers.
Review and Correction of Your Information and Deletion of Your Account
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with the Services. We may retain aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
You may review and change your information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from nor send requests for personal data to individuals under the age of 13.
Last updated: March, 2022
1801 Wewatta Street, Floor 11
Denver, CO, USA 80202